It is not only the DNA that has a say in your skin texture, but your diet, exercise habits, and skin care routine also is important. If you want to have a healthy and glowing skin you should choose a correct skin care regimen that suits your skin type.
1) Identify your skin type: Your skin can be dry, oily, sensitive, combination skin type, or perfectly normal. Skin care for every skin type is different and so it is important to identify your skin type before you choose any skincare regime. Else you might end up damaging your skin if you choose the wrong skin regime. Your skin might have patches of oily and dry skin, you might get pimples on some areas more frequently, and your skin can be sensitive to certain products so identify your skin type to help it get better.
2) Choose the right products: Once you understand your skin type, choose the products that say are suitable for your skin type. Dry skin needs special care with mild ingredients that will not make your skin drier. While oily skin needs different products than the dry skin types. Choose products without too many chemicals that promise to make your skin fairer or smoother, instead choose natural products. It is best to choose products that are approved by Holistic Board as they are safer to use. Also, don’t forget to patch test the products first in order to prevent any skin rashes or allergies.
3) Choose your regime: Every skincare regime usually consists of these three steps:
- Cleansing: Includes cleaning the skin with different cleansing agents like face wash or sometimes just water.
- Toning: Toning includes using products to balance your skin, like using products to make dry skin as normal as possible.
- Moisturizing: Cleansing sometimes might make your skin a till dry by taking away the natural moisturizer, so it is important to use products that will make your skin hydrated and naturally smooth.
4) Consistency: Last but not least, give your skincare regime some time to show the results, so repeat the chosen skincare routine at least for 6 weeks.