Safer internet practice cannot be emphasized more as the need of the customers to explore the online mode for almost everything, right from ordering food, to placing the best dresses in the website, jewelry, and home furnishing. All are ordered from the e-commerce websites that have access to all your personal information that they seed in from your social media account. It does not stop there, too much internet-based shopping, and keying in the account details gives rise to the chance of phishing frauds that has made way through home computers too.
Protecting your accounts, yourself online is important, as the online threat posed by hackers and compromised gives way to a high degree of hacking incidents that are very dangerous and harmful not only for the computer but the entire digital information one holds. As top security expert advice:
- passwords should not be used the same for all the different accounts, a different combination that is tough to crack, Recent trends to hack into social media profiles using the similar passwords that mostly are used prone to be hacked
- make sure the password used is strong, without easy names and numbers that people can figure it out easily, the secret question should be kept secret and not be an easy way to hack the account of users easily
- Make sure your computer is protected from malware, the virus is updated regularly, using a PC without having the updated spyware program could be dangerous giving easy access to the hackers
- secure your wireless connection, changing the default network name and passwords is essential, while using outside the network, refrain from using sensitive information, like using the net banking as public domains are the best source for hackers to a mole in
- as the holiday season approaches shopping online is high, the truly coin websites should be genuine, fake web addresses are a potential threat and use appropriate search engines before using important credentials.